Sunday, February 20, 2005

Finally, a day of rest...

It seems like I've been busy pretty much non-stop since my last blog two weeks ago. The summary of my past two weeks looks something like this:
* 2 - Evenings of tutoring
* 2 - Trips to Miami
* 5 - Days working in Miami
* 6 - Days working in Cincinnati (including last Saturday)
* 4 - Days that my dad stayed with us (He flew into town to visit us and to ski as much as humanly possible.)
* 4 - Days/evenings of skiing (Thanks to the wonders of modern travel, I had lunch in Miami on Thursday and was out on the snow in Cincinnati by 5:30pm that evening.)
* 3 - Weeks of having a cough that won't go away
* 3 - Naps necessary to recover from all these other events

I know that the Miami thing may sound exotic and fun, but please believe me when I say that we were working in a climate-controlled (62 degrees) clean room (i.e. wearing lab coats, hair covers, latex gloves, and booties on our shoes) with no windows from about 8:30am to 9pm every day. The weather was lovely, but I didn't see much of it.

I actually have a holiday tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, I kind of tweaked my knee yesterday, so unless it's feeling significantly better tomorrow, I think my husband is going to force me to see a doctor. I'm sort of in denial, because I really don't want someone to tell me that I have knee problems and that I should stop skiing, even if it's only temporary. After all, how serious can it be? I didn't actually fall, and I was able to keep skiing for over an hour after it happened.

In hindsight, I have to admit that taking the jump was not one of my better ideas, but in my defense, I would like to point out that I actually landed it. (My husband insists on saying that all jumps result in a landing, but I maintain that there is a difference between landing from a jump (passively) and actively landing a jump.) It may not have been graceful, or even comfortable, but I didn't actually fall. Anyway, my knee has chosen this "teachable moment" to remind me that I am, in fact, over thirty now, and to insist that it will no longer tolerate such juvenile behavior from me.

No comments: